Sunday, November 8, 2009

New Beginnings

In the beginning of October, Chad and I said goodbye to 7 wonderful years of Portland living and moved to the much smaller Bellingham, Washington. We moved into a cozy apartment (complete with cat curled up on the furniture) less than a mile from the coast and have both started our new jobs. The house sale is going a little slower than we'd hoped, but not a terrible surprise in the current housing market.
We did not have the opportunity we'd hoped to have friends over for a goodbye BBQ and we extend our apologies to each of you for leaving so quickly. This has truely been a whirlwind experience (READ: hectic and humbling!) I'm taking the opportunity to see how many days I can go without purchasing items and to re-evaluate just how convenient and frivolously I've been living these last few years! Olive is our little optomistic. Her happy-o-meter clicks over to "ecstatic" on a daily basis. She has been hiking, swimming, meeting neighbors, sharing a small living space with the cat and all the time with an enthusiastic tail wag. I don't know what we'd do without her!
I hope this finds you all well and many of you enjoying the rejuvenating rain of the Pacific Northwest. Below are a few picture highlights of current events in the last month.....
Megan says goodbye to some awesome co-workers (Dr. Knowles, M, Cheryl Einerson NP)
My dear friend had her baby ~
Little Maxwell Patton Cordeiro is born 10-27-09

My nephew, Andrew Michael Gruber was born 11-3-09

(pictured above are sibling: Abigail, Ethan, & Andrew (aka Freckles)

No comments: